Mobile and Guest Printing Instructions
Mobile Print allows you to print using phones, tablets, laptops, and computers from anywhere!
- Send an email from your email account to email@example.com.
(Your email may need to be registered. See below for instructions.)
If you do not have a Mason NET ID, see Guest Printing below.
- You may type a Subject line, but it is optional.
- Attach the File to be printed. Remember, both the attachment
and the body of the email will be available for print.
- Select “Send” and go to any available Canon multifunctional device on campus.
- Mason default is duplex (2-sided) printing.
- Documents will only be saved for 24 hours then will auto-delete.
Please be sure to LOG OUT after your file has printed (lower right side of display).
Mobile Print: Registering
- You must be on the Mason Network (not guest network) to register any email address.
- Upon your first print job sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, from your GMU or personal account, you will receive a response with a link to register.
- Follow the instructions in the email to register your email address. Note: Your file has already been sent to the printer. There is no need to resend your file.
Note: Both the attachment and the body of the email will be available for print.
- Purchase a Mason Money card for $1 at the designated kiosks. Next, swipe your new card and add enough money to complete your printing needs.
- At a library desktop, print your document. File > Print. Set your remaining printing preferences–bw or clr. Press Print.
- When the “Print Job Details” box pops
up, in the Net ID section, type in the
nine digit number located on the
bottom left of the back of the Mason
- Go to any available Canon printer and
follow the steps below for Printing.